Thursday, September 16, 2010

ALFIE TORRES: INDEFATIGABLE OPERATIONS MANAGER

He was clad with black outfit, a congenial smile and speaking eyes-that was the memory of him titillating in every corners of my mind when I first met him. .  That was 2006 when Qualfon was first impregnated in Cebu  in Skyrise I with only few agents taking calls. He was always there in the entrance 6th floor  with a big smiling face. There was a strong aura in him that could magnetize people. What I was implying was her charisma.

I was not a prophet or a seer who could see what is in store in the future of every human  but I could smell  that he'll become a great leader of Qualfon.  He was born with it. And I was right. He rose from the ranks and now occupied one of the top caliber position. .Guess who am I talking about? No less, Alfie Torres, the indefatigable Operations Manager of Qualfon.

Despite of his position. he maintains his low profile. Magnanimous, speaking generally. That is the best factor I like about him. Being humble and setting his feet firm on the ground. . Wherever I meet him, be in the pantry, lobby or in the hallways of Qualfon, he greeted me with his smile and I am sure he does with other employees.   I can see how he works hard to keep Qualfon number 1 among the call centers of Tracfone worldwide. Being on the top is hard to maintain. It takes courage, wisdom, knowledge and a quality of a good leader. For me, a good leader should have a good heart and a good mind. Who gives his best and knows his own limitations. That's Alfie! Thumbs for him.

I just didn't have the opportunity to interview Alfie, his plans and programs for Operations. Time keep on rushing in. I wish someday I can sit down with him for an interview. That will come for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment