Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mary Catane: MY IRREPLACABLE FRIEND



I was like her Mom and she was like my daughter. That was a relationship between me and Mary since we have known each other in 2006.

Well, Mary is  an explorer –like Dora. Her brain is like the blade of samurai. At times, radical minded to the point of being misconstrued. Anyway, I am her Mom till now so I might be the only person who can understand her on this planet, where all are lies, deceptions, deceit and complexities face us. This world is getting crook as it gets older.  I am not squibbling generalities. This is the crux of life when we don’t need a thousand friends, even just one friend who stays thick and thin with you.

I remembered she would cry on my shoulder so I would give her my other shoulder. Sometimes, I was the one who was freaking out, and she was there opening her mind to me. Or sometimes,listened to my nonsense stories. . Sometimes, I was like a tiny soul, lost and weary. It was the time for her to comfort me.

Nowadays our lives are too busy. We are running after time, after deadlines, facing so many  impediments, working hard for the money, squandering our health to reach the summit of success, etc….whatever. No matter what it takes, Mary is my irreplaceable friend.

We have communicated recently in FB (darn FB!!! makes me gaga). I can sense she kinda  upset, frustrated. I commented “UNLEASH that devil in you and you’ll be fine.” Lol, I felt like  I was her devils advocate. Yes she needs that.  I love this kid, like my daughter. I am so happy for all her achievements, big or small!.

I am always like a Mom for  my irreplaceable friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment